DevOps Engineer – London based
Location: London office or working from home
Salary/Hours: Competitive salary plus performance related bonus paid quarterly / 37.5 hrs week
Reports to: Resources Director
Main duties and responsibilities
- To work with clients on the development of integration, delivery and DevOps processes, aligned to best practice;
- To collaborate with clients and associated technical teams to ensure new deployments meet required standards and conform to best practice;
- To be responsible for the understanding of emerging technology and toolsets to optimise infrastructure platforms;
- To provide technical expertise during system deployments and production when required;
- To maintain and improve quality using build and deployment tools, and processes;
- To collaborate closely with colleagues to research, analyse and evaluate system performance to maximise overall velocity;
- To design, build and maintain infrastructure tools to support client cloud requirements;
- To carry out feasibility studies for new systems based on client requirements;
- To understand business data flow testing reports and liaise with testers and correct programs;
- To create client build pipelines to support automated testing and deployments based on client requirements;
- To agree and report progress against the statement of work or project plan.
- To observe the Client’s dress code if visiting Client site;
- Observe Health and safety rules and fire and evacuation procedures;
- Ensure complete support via remote access systems rather than attendance continually at client site;
- To send work in progress sheets at the end of each week signed by the client together with a formal report to company standards;
- To liaise regularly with the Resources Director.
- To act as a Mentor/Trainer to company staff as required to ensure skills transfer.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate level Degree;
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with strong client facing skills;
- Strong Bash and Linux scripting skills;
- At least 3 years’ commercial experience working in DevOps and Infrastructure Engineering environments.