London .Net Developer Job Description
Software Engineer – .Net Developer
Location: London offices
Salary/Hours: Competitive salary plus quarterly performance related bonus / 37.5 hrs week
Reports to: Resources Director
Main duties and responsibilities
- To be responsible for Web Applications development using Java, J2EE, JBOSS and TOMCAT servers, Agile (Scrum), UML, Struts, Spring, EJB, JMS, JSP and Hibernate OO design;
- To work on both existing software and develop new software systems to meet client business needs;
- To carry out feasibility studies based on client requirements;
- To understand testing reports and liaise with testers and correct programs;
- To ensure effective implementation of all software and evaluate the software development lifecycle;
- To develop database structures and examine, plan and develop connectivity to existing databases;
- To provide and maintain a comprehensive support service to the company and its clients, including producing user manuals;
- To agree and report progress against the statement of work or project plan agreed with BITE and the client.
- To observe the Client’s dress code if visiting Client site;
- Observe Health and safety rules and fire and evacuation procedures;
- Ensure complete support via remote access systems rather than attendance continually at client site;
- To send work in progress sheets at the end of each week signed by the client together with a formal report to company standards;
- To liaise regularly with the Resources Director.
- To act as a Mentor/Trainer to staff as required to ensure skills transfer.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate level Degree;
- Must have excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with strong client facing skills;
- Experience/knowledge of development tools such as: Java, J2EE, JBOSS and TOMCAT servers, Agile (Scrum), UML, Struts, Spring, EJB, JMS, JSP and Hibernate OO design;
- At least 3 years’ commercial experience working as a software developer in a commercial environment.